Monday, September 19, 2011

Elvira Hancock in Versace Spring Summer 2011

These are some conceptual images I used as inspiration to work on the Illustration. Here is Michelle Pfeiffer at her best as Elvira Hancock, in one of my all time favorite films, Scarface.
 
I have always thought that Elvira Hancock, the unforgettable platinum blonde in Scarface, has been one of the sexiest female characters ever in the history of film. When Versace's Spring/ Summer 2011 collection hit the runway I immediately envisioned all of the fringe gowns and cocktail dresses being worn by the A- List celebrities and models that owned the nights of Studio 54. I was born in the 80's but have always had a great appreciation for the dirty, over the top, sexy glamor of the 1970's.

I thought that Elvira would be the perfect girl to wear this killer dress and immediately felt compelled to create an Illustration of her wearing it in teal, as I'm sure she would have had this dress been available then...  Well, hope you like, Let me know what you think!

2 comments: